Pauline Verrinder Workshop
Grantham Embroiderers’ Guild
Workshop: Thursday 13th November, 2014
Times: 10am – 4pm
Tutor: Pauline Verrinder
‘THE FLIPPANT STITCH’
The workshop will be spent, looking at hand stitchery, in a light hearted and irreverent way.
Using fabric, conventional and unlikely threads, and surface fabric decoration or application,
we will be attempting to s-t-r-e-t-c-h our perceived knowledge hand embroidery.
This is a workshop suitable for both the beginner and the experienced - just come with an
open mind and a willingness to experiment and extend the boundaries with like minded
(Choose materials to your preferred colour scheme)
· Notebook & Pen
· An 8”/10” Wooden Embroidery Hoop
· One metre of lightweight cotton fabric (PLAIN coloured or hand dyed to your colour
· Basic Sewing Kit to include embroidery scissors (ensure that you have a Crewel and
· A pair of dressmaking scissors or similar.
· A variety of types of embroidery threads to your colour scheme anything goes – we can
also swap with each other. Don’t go out and buy any threads because I will bring a
selection with me.
****A charge of £2.00 will be made to cover the cost of additional fabric and some fabric
Should you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact Pauline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A sample of Pauline's work