Front

Front

Thursday 7 September 2017

To the Members and Friends of Layers of Stitch

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to you all as your new Chairman, most of you already know me as I have been a member of Grantham Embroiderers Guild since its founding back in 2014. I have been a member of the committee ever since with no intentions of ever being Chairman.
We have been very fortunate in having a very good hard working Chairman for the past 3 years and we all fully understand Kate stepping down, she has done a marvellous job and deserves a rest. I know I will have her support as I venture in my new role. I know in my early stages I will be turning to her for some support.
The day came and well there was a need for a new Chairman. It was suggested that I Stand and was promised the support of all the committee . So to cut it short here I am.

For those of you who don't know me, I am Annette Cooke. I have lived in Grantham since September 2006 with my Husband . Before coming to Grantham area I spent a big percentage of my life living in and around Norwich in Norfolk ,and before coming to Grantham I lived and worked in Switzerland for 18 months holding workshops and taught oil painting on Canvas. It was very interesting time. I carried on teaching on returning to England , but eventually called it a day.

I love being creative with whatever materials I can get my hands on, but in the last 4 or so years it has mostly been in threads and fabrics. Since being a member of Layers of Stitch I have gained so much more knowledge from those who have kindly past on to the members their wealth of creativity and Talent. We are a very lucky to have such a talented group .

It has been brought to my attention that a big percentage of us as members don't wear name badges, myself being one of the guilty ones. It would be nice if we could all wear our names and including me , it would really help me to get to know who is who and can recognise you all by name as well as by face. Please feel free to come an say hello in the meetings because I would like to get to know you all. I will be open to any ideas and thoughts to add to the success of our group. 
You are the members and this group is yours, those on the committee are there to help make things happen so please come and tell us your thoughts.

I am looking forward to being your Chairman for 2017/18 and May it be a memorable one for all.

Regards

Annette Cooke

Chairman 

No comments:

Post a Comment